Editing & Adding Pages
PressbooksEDU networks come with About, Catalog, Help, and Home pages as a default. You can edit these pages, make them private, or delete them. To access these options, go to Your University > Pages.
Click Add New to add a new page. Or, hover over a page to see options to Edit, Quick Edit, Trash, or View the page.
Once you’ve created the pages you want, you can add them to your navigation menus.
To add pages to the menu or delete the default pages from the menus, go to Appearance > Customize > Menus.
The top menu becomes full quickly due to default pages such as Sign In, Admin and My Books, which cannot be removed. We recommend only the most important pages be added to the top menu for that reason. All other pages can be added to the footer menu.
See Menus for more information on how to build your navigation menus.
Customize Network Pages
In the Aldine theme, you can choose from a variety of content blocks. You can also insert calls to action. Select from the choices below to build the landing page of your network. See Add a Page Section below for instructions on how to insert these content blocks.
Page Section (Standard): Creates a plain block, with no border and a white background
Page Section (Accent): Creates a block with the accent color as the background color
Page Section (Bordered): Creates a block with the accent color as the border
Page Section (Borderless): Creates a plain block, with no border and a white background
Call to Action: Inserts a call to action button, which can be placed inside or outside the “Page Section” blocks as needed
1. From the site dashboard, go to Pages > All Pages
2. Click on the page you wish to modify. Example: Home – Front Page
3. Click on Page Section to enter styled content blocks
4. Choose from the four types of content blocks (explained in detail above), add a title, and click on OK
5. Enter the information that you would like to appear in the body of the block by replacing “Insert your page section content here.”
6. Click Update on the right-hand side of your screen (NOTE: If this is a new page, this button will say Publish instead)
Add a Call To Action
1. Click on Call to Action (the flag icon) to enter a Call to Action. These can be entered within content blocks if desired
2. Enter the title for your Call to Action and the URL that you would like it to link to
3. Click OK
4. Click on Publish or Update to save your changes