This chapter will guide you through how to edit existing pages, such as your Home Page (adding and/or replacing content), and add new custom pages which can exist on your domain and can be navigated to.
PressbooksEDU networks contain four pages by default: About, Catalog, Help, and Home pages. You can edit these pages, make them private, or delete them. To access these options, go to Your University > Pages.
To add a new page, click Add New.
To edit a page, hover over a page to see options to Edit, Quick Edit, Trash, or View for that page. You can make customizations to your pages when you go into edit them.
Adding to menus: Once you’ve created the pages you want, you can add them to your navigation menus. Note that the top menu becomes full quickly due to default pages such as Sign In, Admin and My Books, which cannot be removed. We recommend only the most important pages be added to the top menu, and all other pages can be added to the footer menu. See Customizing Your Network for more information on how to build your navigation menus.
When you go into edit your Pages, in addition to adding content, there are two unique features available:
In the Aldine theme, you can add content blocks, which can contain text and a call-to-action button. There are four varieties of content blocks; they have slight visual differences, but functionally are the same. See below for instructions on how to insert these content blocks, and to view the different content blocks.
1. Click on Page Section to enter styled content blocks
2. Choose from the four types of content blocks (explained in detail above), add a title, and click OK. There are four types: Standard, Accent, Bordered, Borderless and all of them are shown below.
Page Section (Standard): Creates a plain block, with no border and a white background
Page Section (Accent): Creates a block with the accent color as the background color
Page Section (Bordered): Creates a block with the accent color as the border
Page Section (Borderless): Creates a plain block, with no border and a white background
3. You can now customize the title of your block by replacing “Page Section” with your preferred title.
3. Enter the information that you would like to appear in the body of the block by replacing “Insert your page section content here.”
4. Click Update on the right-hand side of your screen (NOTE: If this is a new page, this button will say Publish instead)
A Call to Action button is a button containing a link of your choice, which can be placed inside or outside the “Page Section” blocks as needed. The text of the button itself can also be modified for your liking.
1. Click on Call to Action (the flag icon) to enter a Call to Action. These can be entered within content blocks if desired
2. Enter the title for your Call to Action and the URL that you would like it to link to
3. Click OK
4. Click on Publish or Update to save your changes