Pressbooks offers several plugins that expand the core functionality of your PressbooksEDU network.
Basic Plugins (available on PressbooksEDU Silver plans):
- Akismet filters spam from your comments (NOTE: In order to use this plugin, you will need to have an Akismet subscription, which isn’t included in your PressbooksEDU Plan)
- Hypothesis lets readers highlight, comment, and interact with a text when the Hypothesis open web annotation client is enabled on webbooks
- H5P allows users to create, share and reuse interactive HTML5 content and applications, such as quizzes and assessments
- TablePress allows for advanced table creation
- MathJax enables users to create equations in textbooks in LaTeX, MathML, or AsciiMath
- QuickLaTeX lets users create equations and use other basic commands in LaTeX
Advanced Plugins (available on PressbooksEDU Gold plans):
- LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) integration allows Pressbooks books & interactive elements to be launched within your learning management system (LMS)
- CAS SSO (Central Authentication System Single Sign-On) integration allows users to log in to Pressbooks with their institutional credentials (this plugin supports the use of CAS)
- SAML2 SSO integration allows users to log in to Pressbooks with their institutional credentials (this plugin supports the use of SAML2)
Requesting a Plugin
If you would like to use a plugin with your PressbooksEDU network that is not listed here, please read our Plugins Policy in the next chapter.
Prefer to watch and learn? Check out this video tutorial: