Pressbooks offers several plugins that expand the core functionality of your PressbooksEDU network.
These plugins are available on all PressbooksEDU networks by default. Note that this does not include Pressbooks.com pay-per-book plans.
- Akismet filters spam from your comments (NOTE: In order to use this plugin, you will need to have an Akismet subscription, which isn’t included in your PressbooksEDU Plan)
- Hypothes.is lets readers highlight, comment, and interact with a text when the Hypothesis open web annotation client is enabled on webbooks
- H5P allows users to create, share and reuse interactive HTML5 content and applications, such as quizzes and assessments
- TablePress allows for advanced table creation
- MathJax enables users to create equations in textbooks in LaTeX, MathML, or AsciiMath
- QuickLaTeX lets users create equations and use other basic commands in LaTeX
The following plugins are available for an additional fee on most PressbooksEDU networks.
- LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) integration allows Pressbooks books & interactive elements to be launched within your learning management system (LMS)
- CAS SSO (Central Authentication System Single Sign-On) integration allows users to log in to Pressbooks with their institutional credentials (this plugin supports the use of CAS)
- SAML2 SSO integration allows users to log in to Pressbooks with their institutional credentials (this plugin supports the use of SAML2)
Requesting a Plugin
If you would like to use a plugin with your PressbooksEDU network that is not listed here, please read our Plugins Policy.
Prefer to watch and learn? Check out this video tutorial: